Wednesday, August 14, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Left

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Left
By Tamar Ossowski

Publication Date: October 1

From Amazon:

Therese Wolley is a mother who has made a promise. She works as a secretary, shops for groceries on Saturdays, and takes care of her two girls. She doesn’t dwell on the fact that her girls are fatherless, mostly because her own father abandoned her before she was born and she has done just fine without him.

Even though her older daughter regularly wakes with nightmares and her younger one whispers letters under her breath, she doesn’t shift from her resolve that everything will be fine. She promises . . . and they believe.

Until the morning an obituary in the newspaper changes everything. Therese immediately knows what she has to do. She cannot delay what she has planned, and she cannot find the words to explain her heartbreaking decision to her daughters. She considers her responsibilities, her girls, and her promise. Then she does the only thing that any real mother would do. She goes on the run with one daughter . . . and abandons the other.


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?


Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own 
WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!


35 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

this sounds interesting, thanks for sharing and hosting

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing!

Katie Cohen said...

Cute cover!

Bookish said...

Oooh, this sounds intriguing! I hadn't heard of it before but it's on the wishlist now :)

Kimberly said...

Woah - that synopsis sounds sooo good! I've added this to my Goodreads TBR list. Thanks for sharing!

Tina's Blog said...

I love the cover on this one - it sounds like another one I'd enjoy.

Donna said...

This does sound great! I am dying to know why she would take one child and leave the other! I'm definitely adding this one.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

WOW is right - this one sounds like my kind of book for sure. I love the premise. Great pick.

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Great pick. Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

The synopsis sounds positively gripping. I added it to my TBR straight away. I have to know what could possibly make leaving one to go on the run with the other the "best thing" any mother would do.

Unknown said...

Holy Crap!! So I just put this book on my shopping list. This sounds heartbreaking. I mean when I read that last sentence, my jaw dropped and I went, "oh no."

Thanks for sharing this!

Rebecca of Vicariously!

bermudaonion said...

What? She leaves one daughter behind? I've got to read this book!!

Unknown said...

This book is interesting. Cant't wait to read it.

Kim@Time2Read said...

Wow! This one sounds suspenseful! Now I have to read it!

Wendy Lohr said...

OMG this sounds really intense! Why would she leave one behind???! Great WoW pick!

Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Wow! Great pick and now I have to read this. Thanks!!

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Great intro...I want to know more about the circumstances that lead up to Therese's action.

Cricket said...

This looks interesting. Enjoy!

Jane Reads said...

Intriguing!
•What promise?
•Whose obituary?
•Which daughter?

Must know now! Must add to TBR and Wish List!


Check out my WOW at Jane Reads

KM said...

Thank you for sharing! This looks myserious.

Tressa @ Wishful Endings said...

That sounds really tragic! Definitely intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

Tiffany Drew said...

Oh wow, my heart is pumping hard after reading that. I will be buying this for sure.1

Unknown said...

Leaving a child behind could not have been easy. Makes me want to know why she would do this. I will add this book to my TBR list.

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome--what an intriguing premise. Thanks for sharing it.

Book Crook Liza said...

Sounds awesome!

Liza @ Book Crook Liza

Sherre said...

OMG!!!!! That sounds sooo interesting. This isnt my normal genre, and I dont normally like books where people have children because I can't really fit myself into it. Still, this seems really good and I may just have to break my rule for this one. Thanks for putting it out there!!

Greg said...

Wow, that sounds intense. Something going on there! Thanks for sharing it.

ChiKittie said...

Here is my teaser for this week.

http://www.bittersweet-enchantment.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-12-iron-traitor-by.html

Your sounds very intriguing.

- Beckie

Anonymous said...

I was reading the synopsis of Left, thinking okay, this seems like a nice read. Then I reached the part about her leaving one of the kids, and my jaw dropped.
Seems interesting.

My waiting on is for Premeditated by Josin McQuien.

Thanks for hosting!

Lynne said...

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What an interesting premise- I have to check this out.

Lisa Mandina said...

Wow!!! That sounds like a really intense and sad story! Interesting pick.

Anonymous said...

WOW--this one sounds great! It's now on my TBR list-thanks for sharing!

JO said...

Kyiv was attacked by Russian drones early on Sunday and debris fell in several districts, Ukrainian officials say, but no casualties were reported. สร้าง บ้าน เชียงใหม่