Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday: My Sunshine Away


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


My Sunshine Away
By M.O. Walsh

Publication Date: February 10

From Amazon:

My Sunshine Away unfolds in a Baton Rouge neighborhood best known for cookouts on sweltering summer afternoons, cauldrons of spicy crawfish, and passionate football fandom. But in the summer of 1989, when fifteen-year-old Lindy Simpson—free spirit, track star, and belle of the block—experiences a horrible crime late one evening near her home, it becomes apparent that this idyllic stretch of Southern suburbia has a dark side, too.

In My Sunshine Away, M.O. Walsh brilliantly juxtaposes the enchantment of a charmed childhood with the gripping story of a violent crime, unraveling families, and consuming adolescent love. Acutely wise and deeply honest, it is an astonishing and page-turning debut about the meaning of family, the power of memory, and our ability to forgive. 


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!


 

7 comments:

Little Miss Becky said...

This looks really interesting! And the title makes me think of the song, which I used to sing to my kids when they were tiny little things *sniffle*.

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Ooh. Sounds like a cool summer read to warm me up in this cold weather. Nice share this week :)

Happy Hump Day!

Shane @ Itching for Books

Leila @ Readers' Oasis said...

My Sunshine Away does sound intriguing . . . Hope it will be worth the wait for you!

Sarah (Sarah's Book Shelves) said...

I like the sound of this one...esp the Southern setting!

Deb Haggerty said...

Happy to find your site. Love the "Waiting On" My book is The Patmos Deception by Davis Bunn

Lindsey said...

This one sounds interesting!

-Lindsey

Unknown said...

This perhaps a bit late, but better late than never! LOL

Here’s mine:
NYZE@everythingnyze